What is a Site Carpenter?
A Site Carpenter will normally work on a building site, or in domestic and commercial premises preparing and fixing building components. You could be working on a new building right through to the installation of the necessary fixtures and fitting. The role could also include repairs and maintenance.
Who is this Apprenticeship for?
If you have an interest in working in the joinery trade, are a practical, hands-on person with a good eye for detail and the ability to work accurately then this could be the Apprenticeship for you!
As with all our Apprenticeships, you need to be employed or have a current offer of employment in the site joinery sector. We can offer advice and support on finding employment in the correct sector and liaise with your employer to ensure your Apprenticeship gets off to an amazing start!
How do I get qualified?
- This apprenticeship is Level 2 and will last approx. 2 years.
- You will be required to attend college one day per week where you will be taught theory and practical skills.
- You may also be required to gain your Functional Skills in maths and English.
- You will be required to build a portfolio of work throughout your training to demonstrate your knowledge, skills & behaviours.
- You will need to pass an End Point Assessment which consists of a Knowledge Assessment and Practical Skills Assessment
How will I be assessed?
You will attend college one day per week and be with your employer for the remaining time. You will be assessed in a variety of ways and will receive regular constructive feedback. You will be assigned a dedicated Training Officer who will support you for the duration of your Apprenticeship and will complete progress reviews with you, your employer and your assessor.
Your success will be measured by attendance and punctuality, professional knowledge, skills and behaviours and the production of evidence including workplace observations, professional discussions and workplace reviews. You will be required to pass an End Point Assessment at the end of your apprenticeship to demonstrate your knowledge, skills and behaviours.